As always with sweden's Melodifestivalen 2016 season, we will see plenty of variety in the artists and tunes. As it is the music song contest that stops a nation as very almost all the swedes watch to see just who will win the prize. To stay home, and get a ticket direct to Globen arena from Friends Arena. (in fact they could almost walk it over there!)
This musical variety is always a good thing, and it seems that next year SVT have not forgotten plenty lumps of schlager, so on the eve of the big reveal on Monday of the 28 songs and artists.
Here is my reasons to be schlager- cheerful about Melodifestivalen 2016.
Artists to watch-out for in Melodifestivalen 2016.
1. Dolly Style: we just loved 'Hello Hi' but it was just lacking a little something to take them to the Melodifestivalen final in 2015, with Thomas G:son writing their new tune. They must be on their way to the Melodifestivalen final?
2. Anna Book: Just the biggest schlager 'wow' factor, Anna gave us the amazing 'Samba Sambero' now in 2016 Anna is finally back, we luv her and have high expectations that she will continue to deliver schlager magic.
3. Afer Dark:About time too, they have been to Melodifestivalen twice before as well as giving us the schlager classic 'La Dolce Vita' in 2004. I am hoping they sing in english this time for a change?
4. Oscar Zia: 'Yes he can', he made a great impression with his 2013 performance and has only grown in popularity since then for his Melodifestivalen comeback
5. Samir & Viktor: After opening Melodifestivalen final 2015, they are very much still the pop duo to watch out for in Sweden. Plus they have Fredrik Kempe helping out with song writing as well. Very schlager tastic indeed.
6. Dinah Dah: Another star from last year is set to return to deliver a better electro dance track than her 'Make me (La La La)' we know this gal can really dance so with the right tune, who knows where she will go next year?
7.David Lindgren: Another flashback to Melodifestivalen 2013 when David gave us a very popular track 'Skyline' so it will be intersting to see where he goes in 2016.
8. Linda Bengtzing: Its been such a long journey for Linda at Melodifestivalen and who can forget 'Alla Flickor' back in 2005, you can be sure the Bengtzing Energy will be back in stage next year.
9. Molly Petterson Hammar: We are hoping the press stories are true? and Molly will deliver another amazing performace as she did last year (fingers crossed)
10. Panetoz: A welcome return to the soul group that had a big hit before with Efter solsken' in Melo 2014.
We hope to see these names on monday when SVT release the full list of 28 songs...it will at least make for a very up beat Melo season at the very least. I am excited already.
Dolly Style, thanks to Facebook page