As always with sweden's Melodifestivalen 2016 season, we will see plenty of variety in the artists and tunes. As it is the music song contest that stops a nation as very almost all the swedes watch to see just who will win the prize. To stay home, and get a ticket direct to Globen arena from Friends Arena. (in fact they could almost walk it over there!)
This musical variety is always a good thing, and it seems that next year SVT have not forgotten plenty lumps of schlager, so on the eve of the big reveal on Monday of the 28 songs and artists.
Here is my reasons to be schlager- cheerful about Melodifestivalen 2016.
Artists to watch-out for in Melodifestivalen 2016.
1. Dolly Style: we just loved 'Hello Hi' but it was just lacking a little something to take them to the Melodifestivalen final in 2015, with Thomas G:son writing their new tune. They must be on their way to the Melodifestivalen final?
2. Anna Book: Just the biggest schlager 'wow' factor, Anna gave us the amazing 'Samba Sambero' now in 2016 Anna is finally back, we luv her and have high expectations that she will continue to deliver schlager magic.
3. Afer Dark:About time too, they have been to Melodifestivalen twice before as well as giving us the schlager classic 'La Dolce Vita' in 2004. I am hoping they sing in english this time for a change?
4. Oscar Zia: 'Yes he can', he made a great impression with his 2013 performance and has only grown in popularity since then for his Melodifestivalen comeback
5. Samir & Viktor: After opening Melodifestivalen final 2015, they are very much still the pop duo to watch out for in Sweden. Plus they have Fredrik Kempe helping out with song writing as well. Very schlager tastic indeed.
6. Dinah Dah: Another star from last year is set to return to deliver a better electro dance track than her 'Make me (La La La)' we know this gal can really dance so with the right tune, who knows where she will go next year?
7.David Lindgren: Another flashback to Melodifestivalen 2013 when David gave us a very popular track 'Skyline' so it will be intersting to see where he goes in 2016.
8. Linda Bengtzing: Its been such a long journey for Linda at Melodifestivalen and who can forget 'Alla Flickor' back in 2005, you can be sure the Bengtzing Energy will be back in stage next year.
9. Molly Petterson Hammar: We are hoping the press stories are true? and Molly will deliver another amazing performace as she did last year (fingers crossed)
10. Panetoz: A welcome return to the soul group that had a big hit before with Efter solsken' in Melo 2014.
We hope to see these names on monday when SVT release the full list of 28 songs...it will at least make for a very up beat Melo season at the very least. I am excited already.
Dolly Style, thanks to Facebook page
Nov 29, 2015
Nov 28, 2015
Could this be the face of Russia at Eurovision Song Contest 2016? If the rumours are true then Yes.
He is a mega star in eastern europe -Serey Lazarev, if the name sounds familiar that could be because he has been linked to Eurovision a few times in the past. He came in 4th placed to Dima Bilan back in 2008 in the Russian National Final with a song called 'The Flyer'
In fact Serey started his career in a boy band called Smash! and went on to have many best selling albums as well as an acting career in Russia. Serey has covered the 80's classic hit 'Shattered Dreams' (originally released by Johnny Hates Jazz) which became one of his greatest hits.
Recently at a russian music bash, he told his audience that he was likely to be representing Russia in the next Eurovision Song Contest, so it looks likely we may see Serey finally in the Eurovision Song Contest for 2016, as the Russia's internal selection.
It sounds like a great Russian entry in the making for next year- lets wait and see...Meanwhile, as a bit of a teaser check out Serey Lazarev's recent hit 'Take it off' (+ a very Eurovis' style dance routine)
Here is a more recent rock release '7 Wonders' as well
Nov 5, 2015
One of my favourite moments from back in Vienna 2015, was seeing just how well contestants Mans Zelmerlow (Sweden) & Guy Sebastian (Australia) got on together during that week. Then this great freindship even transcended onto the Eurovision scoreboard, when both countries gave each other 12 points. There was even talk of a future duet between Mans and Guy, that would be special. This has got me thinking how many times has two stars of the past Eurovision Song Contests have actually got together to make a duet? besides covering a Eurovision entry, itself.
I did some searching and came up with my Top 10 Eurovision artists duets.
1. Maria Haukaas Storeng & Måns Zelmerlöw- 'Precious to Me'
2. Christer Björkman & Shirley Clamp- La Vie/ This is My Life
3. Agnetha Faltskog & Tomas Ledin- Never Again
4. Johnny Logan & Nicole - No One Makes Love like You
5. Elisabeth Andreassen & Tor Endresen- All over the World (MGP 15)
6. Olivia Newton-John & Cliff Richard- Suddenly (From Xanadu movie)
7. Timoteij Feat Alexander Rybak-Vända Med Vinden
8. Malena Ernman & Sarah Dawn Finer - Sancta Lucia (2013)
9. Jan Johansen & Jill Johnson- Let it be me
10. Anita Skorgan Med Jahn Teigen- Friendly
Nov 2, 2015
What a great ad with all the estonian stars of Eurovision in recent years. Lets hope some of them comeback for 2016, in some shape or form...